Did some features+bug fixing today. These are available on GitHub immediately.
– Added Cloud Games Submit
— This means people can now create custom games in Game Setups, test them out, and submit them to the public GPX Cloud for my review. If I approve, that game will show up in the public cloud for everyone to install and use.
— (You can submit in Game Setups -> (click game) -> Misc -> Submit to Cloud Games
– Updated Create Server page
— This is no longer a popup, it is on the center section like everything else. It is now smarter, and only shows templates once you have chosen a Network Server, so it doesnt show you templates that arent on that server. I also now hide the “FIle Path” by default since most people won’t need it, and it confuses some people.
– Fixed bug where saving Startup items in Game Setups would remove the Startup CMD
Commit: https://github.com/devryan/GamePanelX-V … 9776489a7b
Discussion in the Forums: http://forums.gamepanelx.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4131
These are basic bugfix releases that were created from the current GitHub codebase. The game installs are also the latest from the Cloud Games.
I have fixed a few bugs on GitHub:
– Deleting user – If it’s already gone in Remote Linux, you get “Failed: Failed to delete user on network server (2): That user does not exist, exiting.!”
– Firefox readonly inputs on startup editor, buttons not showing
– API updated and working
– Admin saving user theme doesnt change it
Also, added documentation for available API Calls: http://gamepanelx.com/wikiv3/index.php?title=API
This release is a simple release that fixes SteamCMD support. Please go into Cloud Games and reinstall any Steam games you plan to use, as they have changed.
to cloud games, and updated TF2 and CS:Source to use SteamCMD/pipe.
Also — all games’ Working Directories (that use SteamCMD) will now use the App ID (e.g. 740) as their working directory. Before, the steamcmd installer was hardcoded to use “csgo”, but that is no longer the case.
Discussion and downloads here: http://forums.gamepanelx.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3912&p=6844#p6844
– Remote Moved to /usr/local/gpx
– Real Linux system user accounts (privilege separation)
– Remote manager script (GPXManager) reports it’s load to the master automatically
– user (not admin) server settings not saving other than working dir (caused “undefined” working dir issue)
– Working dir setting as undefined (clients saving this caused this error)
– Grep error on Restart
– AutoInstaller broken
– Stop Server: Failed: kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec … or kill -l [sigspec] Usage: grep [OPTION]… PATTERN [FILE]… Try `grep –help’ for more information. success
– Saving files with “`” tilde bugs out
– Query engine set to none gives ISE. Set this to basic TCP check
– Ventrilo is in Games list, not voice list.
– Fix update script
– Plugins page not listing available, non-installed plugins (problem was JSON file related)
– update minecraft cfg file – ‘server.properties’ not ‘Server.Properties’
– Add Default Game – does not have Max Players and a few other fields
– Server Stop Failed: /home/betagpx2//scripts/Stop: line 100: kill: (10535) – No such process success
– Finish adding basic murmur
– Cloud games are broken
– Bug where you couldn’t delete a network server, and no error would show why
– Admin password change broken (updated admin passwords to hash+base64+SHA1)
– SteamCMD games support anonymous logins. Just don’t set “steam user” or “steam pass” in settings to use this.
– Add simple API to restart/stop servers, create server, create user, all-in-one creator, etc
Release Candidate of Master 3.0.10 and Remote 3.0.12 is ready. Please test this thoroughly and report on the forums (http://forums.gamepanelx.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=664&p=3225#p3225) – This is the best current release of 3.0.10 and 3.0.12.
If you have been reading about the changes with 3.0.10 master and 3.0.12 remote, there is now an alpha available. Please test if out and report issues in this thread.
So there are some changes coming soon to the Remote package. This is being reworked mainly for security reasons, but also for simpler development. These changes will come in 3.0.12.
Basically, when installing Remote, instead of /home/gpxuser being created, everything will now be stored in /usr/local/gamepanelx.
– /home/gpxuser is changing to /usr/local/gamepanelx
– Each gpx client/user account now will have it’s own Linux system user on your remote server
—- Users no longer in /home/gpxuser/accounts/<user>/
—- Path now in /usr/local/gamepanelx/users/<user>/
—- Servers still in userdir, e.g. /usr/local/gamepanelx/users/<user>/<ip>:<port>
– We will be storing a list of known server executables (e.g. srcds_linux,srcds_run,etc) in the master db, and these will be sent through the same queue script. The manager will handle setting these executables to read/execute, but no write privileges. This means users cannot spin up any custom servers (as long as the executable list is correct and nothing else can be run).
New system user creation will be handled by a queue script, “gpxmanager.sh”. This will watch a queue directory in /usr/local/gamepanelx/queue for new temporary files; these files will contain info needed to create a new user. Within 5 seconds the system user will be created by root.
Realistically, people will need to cleanly reinstall the Remote, and migrate over servers by hand. I may be able to introduce a migration script.
I have registered #gamepanelx on Freenode. You can join on IRC using irc.freenode.net, and typing /join #gamepanelx.
If you don’t know how to use IRC, just download Pidgin (http://www.pidgin.im/), add a new account (IRC type), use irc.freenode.net as the server, and log on. Once on, type “/join #gamepanelx” and you’re in.
I will be in here from time to time, feel free to idle.
Master Bug Fixes:
- index.php showing in plugins list
- cloud_gameinstall.php – did not have “steam” field inserting (cloud was not giving steam_name either)
- Creating new servers on games without startup items gives “Failed to insert” error
- Minecraft by default has no query engine
- Added minecraft cloudid to db
- CS 1.6 / CZ needed update CMD’s
- Add CS:GO to cloud games (Still no SteamCMD support, that is coming soon…)
- Update CMD needed to be added to cloud games
- Installer redirects to update.php for new installs since they uploaded “configuration.php”
- Able to create duplicate usernames
- Fixed Template Browse showing nothing if login to the Remote Server failed
- Removed SSH perms check in installer in favor of checking during network server creation
- FTP edit file shows file contents at top
- Fixed FTP authentication failures in Remote Server
- Added File Path to Edit Template (readonly)
- Added .yml and .properties as extensions for Minecraft servers in File Manager
- Language Support – both admins and users
- Revamped Network Server creator – Now defaults to Local Server type. Also now runs permission checks and tests SSH connection during creation; if Remote and SSH connection fails, server is not created.
- Create Network server no longer requires you to specify the Homedir; if the SSH test is successful it will get it automatically. You can edit it if needed once it has been created.
- Added plugins icon to homepage
As language support is now working, do let me know if a translation is available.